100% secure payment system
Pay in US dollars
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
Why shop with us?
1. The Royal Palace & Madrid Sightseeingat The Royal Palace & Madrid Sightseeing, Tue, 21 Jan 2020 - Mon, 18 Jan 2021
From $ 61.70
2. Santiago Bernabéu Stadium Tour & Madrid Sightseeing Tourat Santiago Bernabéu Stadium Tour & Madrid Sightseeing Tour, Mon, 20 Jan 2020 - Mon, 18 Jan 2021
From $ 74.00
3. The Royal Palace & Habsburgs Madridat The Royal Palace & Habsburgs Madrid, Mon, 20 Jan 2020 - Mon, 18 Jan 2021
From $ 71.30
4. Toledo Full Day Tourat Toledo Full Day Tour, Mon, 20 Jan 2020 - Mon, 18 Jan 2021
From $ 107.90
5. Toledo and Madrid Sightseeingat Toledo and Madrid Sightseeing, Wed, 22 Jan 2020 - Sun, 17 Jan 2021
From $ 109.30
6. The Royal Palace: Guided Tourat The Royal Palace: Guided Tour, Mon, 20 Jan 2020 - Mon, 18 Jan 2021
From $ 51.90
7. Guided Tour: The Prado, Reina Sofía and Thyssen Museumsat Madrid City Tour, Wed, 22 Jan 2020 - Sat, 16 Jan 2021
From $ 105.10
8. Museo Reina Sofía: Guided tour & Skip the lineat Museo Reina Sofía, Wed, 22 Jan 2020 - Sat, 16 Jan 2021
From $ 29.30
9. Spanish Wine & Local Cheeses Tastingat Spanish Wine & Local Cheeses Tasting, Th, 23 Jan 2020 - Tue, 31 Mar 2020
From $ 53.50
10. Prado Museumat Prado Museum - Guided Tour, Mon, 20 Jan 2020 - Mon, 18 Jan 2021
From $ 54.80
Royal Monastery of El Escorial
The first part of this tour is visiting El Escorial located only 45 km from Madrid. El Escorial (Real Monasterio de El Escorial ) is declared Human Heritage, and is a symbol of the Spanish Power in the sixteen century and commemorates the San Quentin’s Battle. It is also a mausoleum for Charles V. Due to the symmetry and balance of the construction, it was considered the eighth wonder of the world for a long period of time.
The visit to El Escorial includes the Hapsburgs Palace , the Kings and Princes Mausoleum , the Chapter Houses , the Architecture Room , the Weapons Room , the Library and the Basilica .
After El Escorial we drive the 9 km. to Basilica of the Valley (Basilica Del Valle ), an enormous monument built between 1940 and 1959! The Basilica is carved into the mountain at 1350 metres of altitude, and an impressive 150 metres high cross places itself over the magnificent nature reserve of Madrid mountain range. Our guide will tell you all about this place, from the outside of the Basilica, and hereafter you will have time on your own to admire the wonderful views of the Sierra de Madrid.
NB : The visit at Basilica of the Valley may be cancelled on short notice due to bad weather or if a service take place at the Basilica.
- The tour will be guided in English!
- Duration: Approx. 5 hours.
- The ticket is ONLY valid on the booked day.
- Every day at 08:45AM. No tour on mondays!
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the tour starts.
- Children are from 6 to 15 years old.
- Children under 6 years old are free of charge.
- There will be some walking on this tour, so wear appropriate shoes.
- Tour of Royal Monastery of El Escorial starts and ends at Julia Travel – Gray Line Spain.
Mobile voucher accepted
Running Time: 5 hours
Royal Monastery of El Escorial
Julia Travel – Gray Line Spain, Calle San Nicolàs 15 28013 Madrid, España
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.